Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Truth in Advertising

I was thinking about what my first post should be about and the phrase Truth in Advertising popped into my head. What does Truth in Advertising mean? To me it means being open and honest about what my intentions are with this blog.

As a stay-at-home mom, it is really hard to find something that brings in an income that isn't sales and at the same time lets you spend all day with the kids and also allows you to keep up with the everyday household tasks.

I have a great idea for a new website/app but I have no knowledge to go about doing that, so for now it's just a dream - know anybody who could help?

It was brought to my attention about a year ago that blogging pays. (And yes, I know it takes time). I'm not asking to make a 6-figure income (but who wouldn't like that). I'm just looking for something that will help bring in a little more than the zilch I make now.

I'm not quite sure how to go about it, but I have a few ideas. My hope is that through this blog I'll be able to help others as well. (In order to make it profitable for me though, I have to generate traffic).

From time to time I'd like to feature a friend's small business (I know plenty of them). I'd like to start doing product reviews, feature other blogs, share stories and advice, etc.

What in the world would I write about that would be interesting enough that the masses would read it?? As someone mentioned on Facebook, just write. About anything. So... I'll do just that. I'm not an expert at anything. I've dabbled in some hobbies. It'll be hard to compete with the hilarity and real-lifeness that is captured in Caitlin's blog. I am not crafty or creative enough to start an Etsy site or cook enough to make my own recipe site.


But, I am human! I am a grand daughter, daughter, sister, wife, mom, friend, doula...I am... Simply Sarah... I'm sure I can find something to write about that would intrigue somebody.

So, here goes nothing!


Wish me luck. Visit often. Post [nice] comments. Send me ideas. Enjoy!!

Simply Sarah 

4 comments:

  1. Fabulous Sissy!! I think that this is a good start and that I would like to read about you! Simply Sarah is an awesome name for your blog and would love to read about products that you test and try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe, thanks Sissy! I appreciate it. Hopefully this'll work out like I hoped. :) Love you!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing your new venture. I hope to hear more from you. Personally I would like to hear of your adventures as a mother and a wife. Hurdles you have faced and how you overcame them.

    ReplyDelete