Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Something's Gotta Give

So, in this battle of being healthy, it's so much easier to be unhealthy. The food is cheaper, sitting is easier than exercising, thinking about it is easier than doing it. 
 I have tried many things to lose weight. I have used Weight Watchers. I have used weight loss systems that claim to help you lose. I have purchased exercise equipment off an infomercial. I have tried low-carb. On all of these systems I have lost some weight but nothing notable. I lose a few pounds, lose motivation and stop.
 This morning I stepped on the scale and I am the heaviest I've ever been (without being pregnant). They say that your metabolism slows down when you're done nursing. Bryce doesn't nurse nearly as much as he used to and I've noticed the scale climbing faster. 
 I've even tried dietbetter.com. This is a website where you pay an entry fee and if you lose 4% of your weight in a month you get part of the pool. 
 The truth is, I always start stuff and don't  finish it. Story of my life!
 I have a great friend who I have been having daily exercise challenges with. Currently, we are having a steps competition. Each day we try to get the most steps in our 12 hr day. Good clean competition :) 
 I'm not 100% sure why I'm posting this blog post. I desire to be transparent in my journey in hopes that people will help keep me a accountable. I've posted a couple times before in hopes of getting the motivation and it didn't work. 
 Today I have started drinking water with lemon to help boost my metabolism for the day. I'm also going to go low carb. Limit my intake to 15g at breakfast and 35g at lunch and dinner. Along with Weight Watchers and my steps challenge with my friend, I'm hoping this will work. 
 I'll let everybody know how I'm doing on Tuesday (my weight watchers weigh in day). 
 So, this week I'm doing the following:
 - drinking lemon water in the morning
 - eating low carb; 15g at breakfast, 35g for lunch and dinner. Veggies are unlimited. 
 - steps challenge 
 - only drinking water; cutting out juice, pop, sugar-free kool-aid, coffee

Wish me luck - and help keep me accountable. Also, please feel free to leave friendly advice/ideas for me in the comments. 
23 weeks until our vacation. I could be 50+ lbs lighter...that'd be awesome!!

No comments:

Post a Comment