Winter...the dreaded cold/flu season. It was only a matter of time before our house got infected by the first cold of the season.
Two weeks ago was our turn. Bryce and I came down with it first and it lasted 9-10 days - and mine is followed by a lingering cough. Bryce's symptoms started with a croup-like cough but I combated it with a humidifier, Vick's and Lavender oil on his feet and chest at night. It really just consisted of a cough, some phlegm, but mostly a wet cough. I think his teething during this cold spell made him more miserable. Either way, it lingered for 9-10 days.
Then came the following Monday. Chloe decided to come down with a cold (if only it were a choice, huh?). She woke up with a coup type cough. Later that day my 3rd dōTERRA order came. In that lovely box was Breathe. A respiratory blend of Laurel Leaf, Peppermint, Eucalyptus, Ravensara, Melaleuca, Lemon and Cardamom. (Description below).
I immediately opened that box, filled up my diffuser (which came on Saturday) with water and 3-4 drops each of Breathe and OnGuard - another lovely oil by dōTERRA. (description below). I put the diffuser on a shelf above Chloe's bed and I ran that puppy for 12 hours (refilled/refreshed 4 times) within 48 hours. I could already tell going into the 2nd day that she was feeling better.
I also mixed Breathe and OnGuard with coconut oil and rubbed it on the bottom of her feet and on her spine for 2 nights in a row.
I am going to credit Breathe and OnGuard for getting Chloe over that cold that was 90% over in 3 days and completely gone in 5 days. Meanwhile, Bryce is over his cold but still dealing with teething - my next symptom/remedy to research!
Now that Chloe is better I am running the diffuser above my bed with Breathe in it, while I sleep. I'm not completely over it, but I can tell it's working because of how much my coughing has slowed down.
That's my Breathe and OnGuard story and I'm sticking to it!!!
If you are interested or intrigued in Essential Oils, please visit my page!! I would love to help you find solutions for your symptoms!!

No comments:
Post a Comment